The heat index is above 100 degrees. That can only mean one thing – welcome to another hot Houston summer! While today marks the first official day of summer, the weather has already helped us jumpstart the festivities. From trips to the pool, outside dining on covered patios and all the cool and refreshing adult beverages we can stand, 2 Girls Who Travel is in full-on summer mode.
And that includes summer travel.
We have a lot of great trips planned, and we can’t wait to share them with you guys. So we won’t! Here’s a peak into our summer travel destinations.
- Kim’s going to take our readers on a tour of her hometown of Natchez, Mississippi – a real insider’s view. Afterwards, you’ll see why it makes national lists as one of the best southern towns to visit.
- We’ll be traveling to Mexico City and showing you everything there is to love about this beautiful, charming and historic city in Central America.
- We’ll be taking a trip to “Motor City” (aka Detroit) to attend the famed Detroit Jazz Festival and also doing a little poking around the city for cool sights, finds and eats.
- And since we’ll be so close, go ahead and count us in for a quick trip to Toronto … we’ll give you our own views from the 6!
- It’s quite possible we’ll squeeze in a nice weekend trip to Austin. It’s always good to visit Texas’ capital and check out the city’s famed live music and good eats!
What about you all? Where will you be traveling this summer? Tell us about it in the comments!