Travel is the spice of life. And how fun is it to mark things off your travel bucket list as you go? In case you’re not familiar with the term, a bucket list is essentially things you would like to do or experience during your lifetime. So a travel bucket list is – you guessed it – places you’d like to travel to during your lifetime.
Even though we’ve traveled to some amazing places, there’s always more world to explore! So we thought we’d share our travel bucket list, in no particular order!
- Egypt (Kim’s pick): I would like to visit Egypt and see the Pyramids, Great Sphinx and really take in the ancient ruins. I want to do a Nile River cruise and maybe take a camel ride in the desert.
And while we’re speaking of Africa
- Morocco (Val’s pick): I just imagine vibrant colors and a full cultural immersion in Morocco. I want to eat Moroccan food and enjoy this country which borders the Mediterranean Sea.
- South Africa (Val’s pick): This would definitely be a trip I want to take further down the road when I get my coins up! I’m talking at least a two-week vacation with super nice accommodations and of course I want to go on a safari. Flights to South Africa also tend to be expensive.
- Switzerland (Kim’s pick): I specifically want to do a train ride through the Swiss Alps – I think the views would just be breathtaking… I could sit back and take in all the beauty – and have some wine while doing it!
- Dubai (Val’s pick): This has been a go-to destination for many people in recent years, but I cannot resist the wanderlust feeling I have looking at everybody’s pictures. Not only is it beautiful, I hear the nightlife is poppin.
- Italy (Kim’s pick): So yes, I’ve been to Italy, but not to Sicily! I’d like to go and spend some time there and then back to the Amalfi Coast. I loved it there. It was absolutely gorgeous. I want to spend at least two weeks exploring and enjoying the beauty of the Amalfi Coast – on second thought, I would really like to have a month to explore all of Italy. I don’t want to rush through cities. I want to visit Venice, Capri, Tuscany, Bologna, Pisa, Pompeii and Milan. I want to casually stroll and have time to smell the flowers in each city!
- Spain (Kim’s pick): I’d like to visit Madrid, Barcelona and Seville. I’ve visited Portugal, but didn’t have time to get over to Spain. I’d like to see the museums and churches and enjoy the food and culture. I’m feeling this trip may happen sooner than later.
- Fiji/Australia (Kim’s pick): This wouldn’t be a trip I would take right away, but I really think I would enjoy it. Fiji just looks gorgeous and Australia is only 4 hours away from Fiji! Why not since I’m on that side of the world?
While we’re at it…
- French Polynesia (Val’s pick): Home to the islands of Bora Bora and Tahiti, this country is made up of more than 118 islands. All I’m thinking is black sand beaches, remote bungalows and pure relaxation.
- Galapagos Islands (Val’s pick): Located in Ecuador, the Galapagos Islands is the place to go for viewing wildlife. That adventure side of me is kicking in again! I’ve had this on my bucket list for years now – don’t ask me why! Something about the idea of blue-footed boobies and giant tortoises excite me! I plan on visiting within the next two years!
What are some destinations on your travel bucket list? Share in the comments!