For most of us, the weather has taken a turn for the cold – for us Houstonians, it just happened like three days ago. Anyways, for those who just can’t stand the cold and long for the beach during the winter months, traveling during the winter season can be extremely desirable. But where should you go? And how much will it cost? We’ve compiled our five top warm weather getaways … and the best part? You don’t need a passport!
- U.S. Virgin Islands: This group of islands boasts fairly consistent temperatures year-round with an average winter temperature of 77 degrees Fahrenheit. Be sure to check out the beautiful white sand beaches.
- Puerto Rico: The Caribbean island of Puerto Rico is one of our favorite vacation destinations. There’s just so much to do – visit the lively capital city of San Juan, tour the streets and shop in Old San Juan or visit the El Yunque Rainforest. Another plus for Puerto Rico, it’s in the tropics so that means it’s summer all year long!
- Hawaii: While the Hawaiian Islands tend to receive the most rain during its winter months, temperatures range from a pleasant 79-83 degrees Fahrenheit. Enjoy your time taking in a hula lesson, visiting one of the beautiful beaches or one of the island’s active volcanoes!
- Miami, Florida: Known to have one of the liveliest nightlives in the country, Miami is also home to some pretty sweet winter weather – often seeing high temperatures in the 80-degree range. So throw on your best bathing suit and venture to South Beach – one of the city’s hot spots.
- Cruise to the Caribbean: If you depart and return to the same U.S. port, you can cruise to any destination without your passport, so why not cruise to a warm Caribbean destination of your choice during winter? Cruise lengths and itinerary possibilities are endless – from Mexico to Jamaica to the Bahamas, there’s something for every person’s taste!