It’s that time of year again … we were happy to attend the Houston Black Heritage Music & Arts Festival last year and super excited to be joining as media again this year!
True to its name, the third annual event celebrated black heritage and included musical acts – local and national – vendors, black politicians, a fashion show showcasing black designers with beautiful black women of all shades and sizes and so much more.
As we arrived and made our way to the stage, we could hear gospel singers praising God and jamming at the same time. We’re fans of praising while jamming! It was awesome to see the grassy area in front of the stage full of families, couples and people young and old enjoying themselves. The weather even cooperated as the unrelenting Houston heat and humidity took a break allowing for a very pleasant evening outdoors.
Just in time for the musical concert. We were all treated to performances from Elle Varner, Eric Benet and Tamia. Wish we could’ve snapped more pics but we were too busy singing along.
Be sure to follow our Instagram for more concert footage and interviews!
The 2017 Houston Black Heritage Music & Arts Festival Honorees:
- Isiah Carey – News Reporter, Fox 26 News
- Percy Creuzot, III – Owner, Frenchy’s Chicken
- Larry Green – City of Houston Councilmember, District K
- Willard Jackson – Vice Chairman, Ebony Magazine
- Larry Johnson – Development Director, KTSU
- Darryl King – CEO, Principle Partnering Group, LLC
- Sylvester Turner – Mayor of Houston
- Velma Trayham – CEO, ThinkZILLA PR & Consulting Group LLC
- Darian Ward – Press Secretary, City of Houston